We help Executives Accelerate your M&A timeline with Reduced Risk
Active Directory and Office 365 Consolidation Is Essential for Mergers and Acquisitions
The success of a merger or acquisition is measured, at least in part, by the cost reduction from how quickly you can merge disparate technology platforms and systems. Office 365 is an extremely pervasive email and collaboration platform, and there is a high probability that your merging organizations will both use Office 365. Alternately, you may want to use a merger or acquisition as an opportunity to consolidate your operations and collaboration infrastructure within Office 365.
The consolidation of Office 365 active directory, email, and collaboration environments isn’t an easy process. Here are a few reasons why:
- Vanity domains that an organization uses as their primary and secondary Email address domains can be verified and active in only one Office 365 tenant. To migrate from one Office 365 tenant to another, you must remove these vanity domains from all Office 365 objects in an acquired organization’s Office 365 tenant before setting up new accounts in the destination or acquiring organizations Office 365 tenant.
- It creates the opportunity for email and productivity disruption since the acquired company’s mailboxes won’t exist for a period of time, and any email sent to these accounts will NDR (have a non-delivery error message sent to the sender).
- It’s time-intensive, since you typically cannot automate the migration. Pilot tests are also difficult to do because all of Microsoft’s published recommendations and third-party tools use the “all-or-none” cutover migration method where all mailboxes and accounts are migrated at once. This is extremely unmanageable from an end-user change management and IT help desk impact perspective for mid-market and enterprise-size organizations.
- You must migrate all Office 365 Groups and OneDrive files directly from one Office 365 tenant to the other. Each involves a separate process and project to migrate to the destination Office 365 tenant.
For these reasons and more, you need an experienced team of IT experts at your side throughout your consolidation. At Stratus Innovations Group, we’ve helped numerous companies with IT migrations and consolidations that successfully address these concerns, limit the impact on their IT help desks, and make them as seamless as possible to their end-user communities.
Contact Stratus Innovations Group to Make Your M&A Transition Seamless
Our singular purpose is helping your business be more profitable and efficient. If you are going through the M&A process — or you have been putting it off — there is no better value available to help you consolidate more rapidly and less expensively. Contact us today and let us help you bring the power of the cloud to your organization!
Stratus Innovations Group Offers an Innovative Two-Step Exchange Hybrid Migration
To reduce your email migration issues, Stratus Innovations Group recommends using our hybrid, two-step configuration process instead of a traditional one where mailboxes are “copied.”
Our system simplifies the end-user change management process for M&A clients who consolidate Office 365 environments. We are also working closely with Microsoft to build even more process improvements to simplify migrations.
Other Benefits of Our Mergers and Acquisitions Solutions
Utilizing Microsoft’s cloud platform to consolidate disparate organizations' IT environments provides a wide variety of benefits:
- Rapid Active Directory integration, either via migration tools or cross-forest trusts
- Creating an integrated organization-wide global address list
- Tools and processes to automate the migration of your current on-site email data to Office 365 Exchange Online
- Freeing up your IT staff to focus on technology initiatives that will truly grow your business instead of troubleshooting issues experts can solve in mere moments
- Moving from a client access license (CAL) model to a user subscription license (USL) model that is typically lower in cost and allows you the flexibility of a pay-as-you-go pricing model
- Always using the most recent, secure versions of Microsoft Office collaboration tools
If you have acquired or merged with another organization, you will likely need to consolidate different IT platforms. Instead of getting bogged down, Stratus Innovations Group can help you remain focused on high-level strategic aspects of the acquisition.
By consolidating email and Microsoft Office collaboration software within Microsoft's Office 365 and Windows Azure, we can dramatically reduce the cost, time, and complexity of combining infrastructure from multiple organizations.